For the past 24 years, Essence Magazine has filled a void that no other brand could do. Imagine a festival that celebrates, cultivates, appreciates, and empowers black voices. That’s exactly what EssenceFest does. And today as EssenceFest kicks off in New Orleans, we couldn’t be more excited to see what’s in store! Check out a list of our most anticipated moments!
- Interview with Ella Mai (7/6 11:15am) Her single “Boo’d Up” is the hottest song of the summer and we can’t wait to hear her talk about it!
- Rest In Power (7/6 1:40pm) The Trayvon Martin Story, Presented By Paramount Network: It’s important that stories like Trayvon’s are told to ensure we do not repeat our mistakes
- Snoop Dogg (7/6 9pm) The West Coast takes over the Big Easy and we’re here for it!
- Dapper Dan Hip Hop Style Icon To High Fashion Boss (7/7 1:05pm) The man, the myth, and the legend! Dapper Dan is the father of the intersection between urban culture and high fashion!
- Meet the cast of Power (7/7 3:25pm) Getting to see the cast of one of the hottest shows on TV? Sign us up!
- Black Women Innovators on the Rise (7/8 12:45pm) This is your chance to soak up the game from up and coming disruptors!
- Teddy Riley’s New Jack Swing Curation (7/8 7:45pm) Featuring SWV, Blackstreet, Guy, and more: How could we pass on such an iconic lineup of music!
- Janet Jackson (7/8 10:40pm) The Queen is closing the festival? Say no more!